July 4th dessert recipes should be quick, easy, and kid friendly. This one delivers on all points and yummy, too! Read more »
Maryland Crab Cake Recipe
I was born and raised on Back Creek in Annapolis, Maryland and every summer we crabbed for blue crabs. We didn’t just crab though, we were chicken neckers.
How to Make Stuffed Shells
When you have a gazillion Roma tomatoes you make gallons of sauce. When you have gallons of tomato sauce you learn how to make stuffed shells. I made 3 large pans of stuffed shells and froze them for a night I didn’t feel like cooking. The combination of pasta, sweet italian sausage, tomato sauce and […]
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
It’s June and the strawberries are gorgeous here in Maryland. This recipe has a delicious surprise inside with the strawberries. It is light and airy and won’t weigh you down on a hot summer day. I dare you to take a bite without saying, “YUM”!
The fireworks will be going on in your mouth this 4th of July with my chocolate and strawberry trifle. It is a perfect July 4th Dessert Recipe. Fancy looking to impress all your party goers but simple enough that anyone can make it. With fresh strawberries in season this is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Read more »
This easy grilled T-bone steak is so easy even a monkey could grill it. No kidding. Pair it with my Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe for absolute deliciousness. Read more »
A good easy grilled lamb burger recipe is a must have for summertime. Pair it with a refreshing tzaziki sauce and your taste buds will be thanking you. Read more »
I like things hot and spicy and I’m not just talking about my chicken wings. I bet you didn’t think I was talking about pasta salad either. Well, I was! My Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe is perfect for a summer cookout or a 4th of July party. Try it, you’ll like it. Read more »
I look forward to strawberry season every year. Fresh strawberries are such a simple pleasure and you can do so many things with them. This is a very easy homemade strawberry jam recipe using the Ball Jam and Jelly maker. I just love mine and use it all the time. Although, this year I got smarter and canned bigger jars of my jam because it got eaten so fast. Read more »
What do you get when you have 1/3 of a loaf of stale Italian bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla? Bread pudding! My husband is such a lucky guy. He wakes up on a Sunday morning to warm bread pudding and a fresh pot of coffee. I will remind him a few times today how lucky he is to have me. Wink, wink.
- 1/3 loaf stale Italian bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- Cut bread into 2″ pieces.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Mix together just until all is combined.
- Slowly add melted butter while stirring.
- Soak bread in milk mixture until all the bread is wet.
- Pour into small casserole dish (sprayed with non stick cooking spray) and bake in preheated oven at 350° for 50 minutes.
This bread pudding can be served warm or cold. It’s great topped with whipping cream or ice cream.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
On a sunny Sunday afternoon I landscaped my yard and it turned out really nice. The funny thing is when I was done, the neighbors cat was sleeping under my purple Magnolia tree and it looked like I had planted a cat. I was so tired I didn’t feel like cooking anything elaborate so I decided on a fairly easy casserole with everything in one dish. My Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole recipe is sure to be a pleaser for your whole family.
- 1 box Uncle Bens Wild Rice with herbs.
- 2 very large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion – diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can of Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large can of cut green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 2.25 oz. bag of slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add coconut oil and heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and add to skillet.
- Add diced onion and garlic and cook together until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary, salt and pepper, sour cream and soup.
- Stir together.
- Now add rice, green beans, and slivered almonds and gently mix.
- Spoon into medium-sized casserole dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until heated through.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35-40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6