My brother was so generous this year and shared his venison with me. He gave me a big package of venison sausage so I figured I’d better come up with some sumptuous venison sausage recipes. I like a nice big breakfast on the weekends so I made my husband and me a Venison Sausage Quiché. Oh boy, it was good!
- 1 – 9′ pie crust
- 1 lb. venison sausage
- 1 very large shallot
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half n half
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- Brown venison and shallots in same pan.
- Blend together eggs and half n half.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until middle is set.
- Let sit 10 minutes and slice.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)