My venison crock pot recipes are going to WOW you. This Venison Vegetable Barley Soup is delicious, healthy, and satisfying on these cold winter nights we’re having.
- 6 cups of Swanson Vegetable Broth
- 2 soup bones
- small venison shoulder roast (I cooked 2 and reserved 1 roast for venison shepherds pie)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Better then Bouillon vegetable base
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barley
- 1 small bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- In slow cooker/crock pot add all ingredients except vegetables and barley.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until very tender. My bones and shoulder were frozen when I put them in so you may be able to cook less time on high setting.
- Remove meat, let cool and shred.
- Return meat to pot and add vegetables and barley.
- Cook on high another 1-2 hours or until vegetables and barley are tender.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)