I know that what I think is the absolute best burger in the world isn’t the best for everyone else. Some members of my family wouldn’t touch a burger with fresh guacamole and that’s fine. More for me! My ultimate southwestern burger is delicious yet super messy. This isn’t a burger you would want to eat on a first date or anything because you will have burger juice and guac all over your face and hands. I say the messier the better. I actually had guac on my knee and big toe last night. I’m sure my husband thought it was cute. Especially, when the dog wanted to lick it off. Ha ha ha!! I crack myself up. ‘Try it, you’ll like it’ is my motto. The burger pairs very well with my spaghetti salad.
- 1/4 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 whole wheat hamburger roll
- Jalapeno pepper
- White Cheddar Cheese
- Red onion slices
- Hellmans Mayonnaise
- Using a hamburger patty maker form your burger into a 1/4 lb. round.
- Grill on high heat for 5 minutes on each side to sear.
- Move burger to a lower heat on grill and cook 5 minutes longer for a well done burger.
- 3/4 of the way through cooking add 2 pieces of white cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese for more of a southwestern taste.
- Slather mayonnaise on bottom of hamburger bun and place cooked hamburger on top of bottom half of bun.
- Top burger with jalapeno slices ( I core mine with a jalapeño corer), tomato slice, and fresh guacamole.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1