I told my husband I was going to come up with a low-fat tomato tortellini soup recipe for dinner and he looked at me like there was no way he was eating it. If it’s not meat and potatoes he automatically thinks he won’t like it. Well, he wound up eating 2 huge bowls of this soup and kept telling me how good it was so I decided to share it with you. When you read how many servings this makes, keep in mind that my husband doesn’t eat like a normal person. He eats like the Incredible Hulk would eat. He secretly wants to be the Incredible Hulk. Don’t tell him I told you , though. Ooh, he’s going to kill me.
- 14.5 oz. can of No Salt Stewed Tomatoes
- 32 oz. Vegetable Broth, Fat Free, No MSG
- 19 oz. package of frozen 5 Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 bag of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- In a soup pot add broth and stewed tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- I used an immulsion blender to break down tomatoes because I don’t like big chunks. It’s your personal preference.
- Add spinach and return to a boil.
- Add all spices, reduce heat and let simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring soup back up to a boil and add tortellini. Cook according to package directions.
- Serve hot with fresh grated Parmesan cheese over top.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6