I don’t go to football games for the football, I go for all the great tailgating food. My Southwest Salsa is a great tailgating recipe. The taste of freshness in the middle of the winter is awesome.
Tailgating Recipes - Southwest Salsa
Author: Kooky Carol
- 6 cups chopped fresh plum tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 white onion - diced
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1 15.5 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Chop tomatoes until it equals 6 cups. Place in a large bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, onion, salt, lime juice.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to tomatoes.
- Cut the kernels off of the uncooked corn on the cob. Add to above ingredients.
- Dice jalapenos leaving seeds and ribs in one of the peppers for a little heat.
- Gently stir together and refrigerate.