I made this sweet red pepper dip recipe last year when my garden exploded with red peppers. It was so darn good I decided to make it for a girls week in Ocean City, MD. with my good friends. I asked them to be my taste testers and within 1 hour all my dip was gone. I really didn’t have to ask if they liked it, did I?
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper
- 6 pepperoncinis ( I prefer fresh red pepperoncinis if you can find them, if not use jarred)
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. New Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp. Ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Adobo Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash, remove seeds and ribs of red pepper. Cut into large chunks and put in food processor.
- Cut tops off of pepperoncinis.
- Pulse a few times to break up peppers
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes. This can be made days ahead of time and kept in refrigerator.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes.
**I like to serve this dip with Sun Chips Garden Salsa but you can use any chip you prefer.**
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)