I had gallons of homemade tomato sauce to use up so I learned how to make stuffed shells and froze them for winter. I will pull these out after the Holidays when all my company is gone and I am too exhausted to cook. All I have to do is pop them in the oven. How easy and convenient.
- Cook shells according to package directions.
- Cook spinach in olive oil and garlic and drain well.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan cheese, egg, spinach, and parsley.
- Spread some sauce in the bottom of a large baking pan until the bottom is covered.
- Stuff each shell with mixture and place in pan.
- Cover shells with remaining sauce.
- Top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella.
- If freezing, cover with heavy foil. Write cooking directions on top of foil with a Sharpie pen.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes to make sure the cheese is all melted.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes