If you live on the Chesapeake Bay as I do you know that rockfish season is a BIG deal around here. You can only fish for striped bass at certain times of the year. This fish is like gold to me and it is such a treat when I get it. My daughter and nephew were lucky enough to be invited to fish by Captain Ed Kalb and Shane Woelfel (see photo below) caught a beauty. I’m glad I am his favorite Aunt Kooky Carol and he shared it with me. My stuffed rockfish recipe is excellent.
- 2 large rockfish filets
- 1 lb. crab meat
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 egg – beaten
- 2 tsp paprika (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dry stuffing mix (crumbly) – divided
- 1/2 stick butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Remove all shells from crabmeat.
- Mix all ingredients well (except 1 tsp paprika,stuffing mix and butter) and then add crabmeat.
- After washing and drying your rockfish filets, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each filet equally with the crab imperial mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp of paprika over the top.
- Add 1/2 cup of dry stuffing to top of each filet.
- Top with pats of butter.
- Bake about 30 – 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish is flaky.
- I can not give you an exact cooking time as everybody’s filets will be different sizes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8