Can you resist the taste of sweet cream cheese and strawberries in a puff pastry? I couldn’t either so I came up with an easy yet delicious strawberry toaster strudel recipe with a scrumptious lemon glaze.
- Lay out puff pastry on parchment paper and cut each sheet into 6 equal squares.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 of a beaten egg. Reserve other 1/2 of egg.
- Place 1 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on 6 of the squares. Spread leaving 1/2 inch around edges to seal.
- On top of cream cheese spread 1 heaping tsp of strawberry preserves.
- Dip your finger in a bowl of cold water and wet slightly the perimeter of square of pastry.
- Place remaining squares of puff pastry on top of each filled square and press edges slightly together.
- With the tines of a fork seal all edges of pastry.
- Take reserved 1/2 of egg and 1/2 tsp water and mix together; brush top of puff pastry with mixture.
- Bake at 400° degrees for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice very well . Drizzle glaze over strudel.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Best served same day.