Set it and forget it! No wait, that was Ronco. Anyway, that’s pretty much what you do with this macaroni and cheese. I am requested to bring this with me at every event. I have to tell you a funny story, though. I attended a graduation party just recently and was asked to please bring my macaroni & cheese. I made a double batch and obliged. Well, this 6-year-old boy whose mother can’t boil water heard we had macaroni & cheese and came running for some. My sister put a nice big spoonful on his plate and he stuck out his bottom lip and wrinkled up his nose and stormed away. We were wondering what the heck was wrong? Come to find out, he has never had anything homemade in his life and has only ever had Kraft macaroni and cheese. When he saw mine he didn’t want it at all. I felt like shouting, “Are you crazy kid?”
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water boil macaroni until al dente. DO NOT OVER BOIL.
- Mix the cheddar (sharp and white), Asiago cheese, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper in the crock pot.
- Add macaroni and stir well.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of Mexican cheese.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until firm.
- Do not open the lid or stir while macaroni and cheese is cooking.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6