Are you looking for more slow cooker crock pot recipes? I made this delicious beef stew on Sunday and still had leftovers on Wednesday. I had to come up with a way to serve the leftover beef stew to my family for dinner without them thinking they were having leftovers again. This recipe is served in individual ramekins topped with a cheesy biscuit and baked. It was so good I wished there were more leftovers!
**Note: The recipe below is the original beef stew recipe and this recipe is made with the leftovers. If you are preparing the stew specifically for this recipe I would cut the ingredients for the stew in half.
- 3 lbs. cubed beef
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 32 oz. beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 large onion – diced
- 4 carrots – chopped
- 1 very large baking potato – cut into bite sized pieces, skin on
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- 1 small bag of frozen green beans
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping biscuits)
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add flour and some pepper. Add beef cubes, seal and shake to coat.
- Add beef to hot oil and brown on each side.
- In your slow cooker add all ingredients except potato and stir.
- Cook at least 6 hours on high setting.
- 2 hours before ready to serve add potato.
- Stew is ready when potatoes are soft and meat is fork tender.
- With leftover stew fill each ramekin about 3/4 full.
- Mix together Bisquik, milk and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place a large spoonful of biscuit mix on top of each ramekin.
- Bake in 375° pre-heated oven 25 minutes, pull it out and add cheese and fresh cracked pepper to top of biscuits and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes.