Feed a family of four for under $10 with this fabulous Steak Soup Recipe. Inexpensive cuts of meat are perfect for slow cooker crock pot recipes and this one is a real winner. Tender chunks of sirloin steak loaded with vegetables and a bite of potato.
- 2.5 lb. Sirloin Steak
- 1/2 large onion – chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 can of low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 32 oz. Swanson low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 3 large carrots – sliced
- 1 large Russet potato
- 1 Tbsp. of beef base
- 1/2 tsp. of poultry seasoning
- 4 oz. Velveeta cheese – cubed for better melting
- Sprinkle sirloin steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning on both sides and sear in hot skillet with olive oil on all sides and set aside.
- Sautee onion is same skillet making sure to scrape up all the bits of steak left in the bottom of the pan.
- Set slow cooker on high setting.
- Mix together in slow cooker crock pot the soup, beef broth, beef base, and poultry seasoning.
- Add sirloin steak and onion.
- Place lid on and cook on high setting until the steak is fork tender. Mine was still partly frozen so I cooked it for 5 hours.
- Remove meat for soup base and cut into bite size pieces.
- Return meat to slow cooker.
- Add in corn, carrots, potato (cut into bite sized pieces with skin left on), and Velveeta cubes.
- Continue cooking on high setting until potatoes and carrots are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)