Pork shoulders are such an inexpensive cut of meat that I am always out to create slow cooker pulled pork recipes. This recipe was delicious and so simple with just a few key ingredients. I added a can of spicy chipotle peppers and served it over cheesy grits for a bit of a Southern twist. And on the 7th day, I rested. Am I the only one that gets my humor?
- Rub pork shoulder all over with a dry BBQ rub (this is what I use and I am not joking).
- Put in slow cooker on high setting.
- Add vegetable stock, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- Let cook on high at least 5 hours.
- When pork is fork tender remove it from slow cooker and let it cool.
- Add a can of chipotle peppers to stock in slow cooker and stir until mixed well.
- Shred pork and return to slow cooker letting cook 1 hour longer.
- Cook grits according to directions on package. I used a serving for 6.
- Once cooked, add 2 cups of cheddar cheese stirring until melted into grits.
- Place one serving of grits on each persons plate, top grits with a generous portion of pulled pork, top with a tablespoon of sour cream, sprinkle chives over entire dish and garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6