My husband took one bite of this soup last night and said, “Excellent”. Need I say more? No, but I like to talk. This is made with leftover sirloin steak or any kind of steak you have left over. I was raised in a house where you don’t throw away any food, so I don’t. I made 2 sirloin steaks for dinner one night and used the leftovers for this delectable soup. Add this cheesy steak & potato soup recipe to your slow cooker crock pot recipes, you’ll be glad you did.
- Leftover large sirloin steak. I broiled my steaks the night before with Montreal Steak Seasoning and garlic.
- 32 oz. Reduced Sodium Swanson Beef Broth
- 1 small block of Velveeta
- 2 white potatoes – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp. Parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste.
- 3 tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning or to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion – chopped
- 3 Carrots – chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery – chopped
- 1 large clove of Garlic
- 3 Beef bouillon cubes if you want a beefier taste (optional)
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients except Velveeta cheese.
- Cook on low setting a minimum of 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving remove steak and either shred or cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cube a small block of Velveeta and add to soup.
- Return steak to crock pot and let the cheese melt, stirring occasionally.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6