My sausage stuffing for Turkey is made with store-bought cornbread and Grands biscuits. The blend of the two breads along with spices and sage sausage make this absolutely perfect. I could sit at the dinner table and eat a whole plate of it. I made this ahead of time and froze it so all I have to do on Thanksgiving is heat it up. It couldn’t be easier.
- 8 Grands frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 15 oz. pre made cornbread
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean sage sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Cook Grands biscuits according to package directions.
- Cut cornbread into 1″ squares.
- After biscuits have cooled rip them into bite size chunks.
- In a large bowl mix biscuits and cornbread , cover, and let sit overnight. This can sit for up to a couple of days in the refrigerator.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Sautee onion and celery in 2 tbsp. butter.
- Add sausage, sautéed onion and celery and all spices to mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Pour into baking dish and bake at 325° for 45 minutes.
- This can be made ahead of time and frozen.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)