Learn how to make sausage gravy and top it with anything you like. My favorite way to eat sausage gravy is over biscuits and topped with a fried egg. Of course, then I have to hit the gym for an hour.
- 1 lb. ground maple sausage or regular sausage if you can’t find maple
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- Brown sausage over medium heat and remove with slotted spoon.
- Add butter to skillet and let it melt, slowly pour in milk whisking constantly until thickened.
- Return sausage to pan.
- If you are not using maple sausage I would suggest adding 2 tbsp. of maple syrup to mixture.
- Serve over biscuits and top with a fried egg.