Every time I go to www.FamilyFrugalFun.com I find such great recipes. This time I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies I want to share with you. These look fantastic and really put you in the mood for fall.
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 3.5 ounce package instant Pumpkin Spice Jello Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 oz pecan chips
- Duncan Hines vanilla or cream cheese glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and spice. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Blend in instant pudding mix, then beat in eggs and vanilla until the batter is light and fluffy. Mix dry ingredients into the batter. Stir in oats and pecans. Drop dough by medium scoop onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown. The centers will still look very soft.
- Move cookies to cooling rack (I keep them on the parchment so the glaze doesn’t make a mess!). When cookies have cooled, drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with pecans. After glaze sets, store in an air-tight container.