My recipe for Easy Chili Mac is done right on your stove top. One of those one pot wonders. Sometimes it seems the more simple my recipes are the more my family likes them.
Recipe for Easy Chili Mac
Author: Kooky Carol
Recipe type: Casserole
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1½ lbs. lean ground beef
- 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can of white kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. Ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. New Mexican chili powder
- 5 good shakes of Texas Pete hot sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 10 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, ground beef, and cook until browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. Simmer for a few minutes then bring to a boil and add pasta. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Remove it from the heat and top with cheese. Cover and let sit 3-5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
If you would like this a little soupier add 2 more cups of chicken broth. Adjust seasonings if needed.