This is the best pumpkin angel food cake ever! It is so light and fluffy and the added pumpkin makes it very moist. I like to add a dollop of whipped topping with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice to take it over the top. Enjoy!
Best Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
Author: Carol Thames
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 14 servings
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- 1 package (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
- whipped topping
- pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Fold ¼ of the batter into the pumpkin mixture, gently fold remaining ¼ at a time. Spoon into ungreased 10" tube pan.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350 degrees for 38-44 minutes.
- Immediately invert pan and let cool completely.
- Run a knife around the edges and remove to a serving plate.