This pecan tart recipe is perfect to take to a party or to have just a bite of something sweet after dinner. The crust melts in your mouth and the caramel like filling is simply divine. I love desserts that are finger foods so I can have a sample of everything.
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 48 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs, and butter and beat together.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and press into bottom of greased mini muffin cups. I used a tart press. Spoon filling into cups and top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. I use a sharp knife to go around edges.
Yield: About 2 1/2 to 3 dozen.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.