Someone call the police because these Pecan Sticky Buns should be against the law they are so good!
- 3 cups Bread Flour (divided)
- 1 cup Sugar (1/4 cup for dough, reserve remaining)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Yeast
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup Butter (1/4 cup for dough, reserve remaining)
- 1 Egg
- 3-4 tbsp cinnamon (to sprinkle on rolled out dough)
- Sticky Topping
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour with 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and yeast and mix together in large mixing bowl. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer bowl.
- Heat milk, water, and 1/4 cup butter together until you can stick your finger in it and it is the temperature of bath water. I call this the ‘finger test’. I like to use scientific terms (giggle, giggle, wink, wink).
- Beat with dough hook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and remaining 1 1/2 cup flour. Beat another 2 minutes until the dough pulls away from the bowl.
- Grease a bowl and put dough in bowl turned to lightly grease all dough and cover with a clean dish towel. Place in a warm spot until dough rises to twice its original size.
- Meanwhile, spray a large round cake pan with Pam. Spread rough chopped pecans in the bottom of the cake pan, pour light corn syrup on top of pecans, then evenly spread the brown sugar on top of corn syrup.
- Punch (literally) dough down and roll out on lightly floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour it over dough. Using pastry brush spread evenly from end to end.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar leaving about 1 inch around sides free of cinnamon/sugar.
10. Roll dough into a log.
11. Cut into 12 even slices with a serrated knife.
12. Cover and let rise in warm place until buns are twice their size. 13. Bake at preheated 375° oven for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Preparation time: 2 hour(s)
Cooking time: 18-22 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)