This sausage and egg souffle is a huge hit for Easter Sunday brunch. It is an overnight breakfast casserole so you make it on Saturday and refrigerate until ready to bake on Sunday. This is great because it leaves you more time to spend with your friends and family on Easter Sunday. I added sausage to this one but you could use any breakfast meat you prefer.
- Brown sausage, drain, set aside.
- Beat eggs and Half and Half together.
- Remove crust from loaf of hardy white bread and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ pan with Pam.
- In the bottom of 9″ x 13″ pan sprinkle 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- On top of cheese add a layer of cubed bread.
- On top of bread cubes sprinkle 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add another layer of bread cubes, then cheese.
- You can layer until it reaches the top of the pan if you are using a deep pan but you must adjust your cooking time.
- In a blender, mix your eggs and cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at preheated oven at 350° for about 45 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 15