I have so much to do today that I really needed a jump-start this morning without sending my heart and cholesterol into overdrive. I have to weed the flower/vegetable beds, amend the soil with my compost, plant lettuce, then spread mulch. And, of course my husband conveniently got called out to work so I am on my own. This delicious bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an English muffin ‘lightened up’ was just what I needed. It was quick, simple and easy yet healthy and yummy. I like to leave my yolk whole so it is super messy. If it’s not dripping down your hand it can’t be good, right? Same goes for my cheeseburgers!
- Toast english muffin and slather each side with lite butter.
- Break 1 piece of cooked bacon in half and place on english muffin.
- Fry egg and when you flip it over add your reduced calorie cheese. When it’s finished cooking layer it on top of your bacon.
- Add 1 slice of ripe tomato and then a romaine lettuce leaf and a thin slice of onion.
- Serve with ice-cold milk and your favorite fruit for a healthy breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1