I could eat Mexican food 5 days a week. This is a quick and easy lite chicken quesadilla recipe because you’re going to use chicken that is already cooked and lower fat ingredients along with whole wheat tortillas. I always make extra so I can take the leftovers for lunch. You might want to, also.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – chopped or sliced
- 1 small can of green chiles
- 1 bag of precooked Southwest seasoned chicken strips.
- 1 tsp Cumin (taste after mixing to see if more is needed)
- 1 bag of shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 bag of whole wheat flour tortillas
- Saute onions, jalapeño, and green chiles in oil.
- Add cumin. Stir.
- Add chicken strips and cook over medium heat until chicken is heated through.
- In hot non stick skillet lay tortilla flat and add 1/2 cup cheese to entire tortilla and let melt a bit.
- Add chicken mixture to 1/2 of tortilla and fold the other 1/2 over the tortilla.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, and Pico de Gallo.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)