Looking for July 4th dessert recipes? Look no further, you found a great one. This red velvet cookie is made from a box cake mix and is quick and easy. Don’t slave over the stove this holiday, get out and enjoy the festivities with your family and friends.
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Butter Cream Frosting (click for recipe and ingredients)
- Mix together dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until completely combined.
- Roll into 2″ balls and place on parchment paper 3″ apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Ice 1 cookie with Butter Cream Frosting and place another cookie on top of it.
- Sprinkle sides with any red, white, and blue edible accents.
*Note: For a smaller cookie roll into 1″ ball and lessen cook time.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)