Boo! These cookies are so much fun at a Halloween party. Easy enough for kids to make and decorate with just the right amount of spookiness. Yikes, I’m frightened already.
- 1-1/4 cups Sliced Almonds, divided
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. green food coloring (more or less according to your color preference)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- HEAT oven to 325ºF.
- RESERVE 40 nuts for later use; process remaining nuts in food processor until finely ground. Beat next 6 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.. Stir in ground nuts. (Dough will be stiff.)
- ROLL dough into 40 (3-inch) “fingers,” using 1 Tbsp. dough for each. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Press 1 reserved nut into end of each dough finger for the fingernail. Use sharp knife to make 3 crosswise slits in top of each finger for the knuckles.
- BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until lightly browned. Cool 3 min. on baking sheet; carefully transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)