Have you ever heard of a fiddle neck pumpkin or a crook neck pumpkin? In this fresh pumpkin pie recipe you will not only learn what it is but learn how to cook it down and bake with it. Fiddle necks make the most delicious pumpkin pie and they are just bit kooky like me.
- 4 cups of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 13 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup milk (approximately)
- Cut neck of your pumpkin into 2″ rounds and steam or boil down until soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Pour evaporated milk into 4 cup liquid measuring cup. Add regular milk to equal 3 cups of liquid. Pour about 2 cups into blender. Reserve remaining 1 cup.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender, except for pumpkin, and blend. Pour blended ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Skin pumpkin and squeeze all the water out until you have 4 cups.
- Blend pumpkin and remaining 1 cup of milk in blender until smooth.
- Pour into mixing bowl with previously blended ingredients and mix.
- Pour pie filling into prepared pie plate.
- Crimp your pie crust for an appealing pie.
- Bake @ 400 ° for 10 minutes then lower oven temperature down to 375° and bake an additional 45-50 minutes or until set.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)