Peaches are still in season so get to your local farmers market and stock up. This is the best fresh peach upside down cake recipe I have made yet. I topped it with whipped cream and a touch of nutmeg for even more deliciousness. Just perfect for an easy homemade peach dessert.
- Pour melted butter in bottom of sprayed 9×9 square baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar melted over butter.
- Evenly spread peaches over brown sugar.
- Evenly sprinkle chopped pecans over brown sugar, butter, and peaches.
- Beat egg yolks until lemony color and then slowly add sugar, peach juice, and vanilla while beating.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat the egg whites together until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Pour over topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes or toothpick in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before flipping onto serving plate.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8