Do you have a lot of turkey leftover from Thanksgiving? Trying to think of ways to use it up? Try my easy turkey pot pie. I love the flaky crust mixed with the creamy gravy with chunks of turkey and your favorite vegetables. It’s definitely comfort food at it’s finest.
- Preheat oven to 400° .
- Line 9′ pie dish with pie crust pastry.
- Blanch frozen vegetables for 3-4-minutes. Drain
- Dice turkey and mix with other ingredients.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish.
- Arrange top layer of pie crust and seal. Flute the edges and cut slits in top for steam to escape.
- Place on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil or crust protector around edges to keep from burning.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand a minimum of 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8