I look forward to strawberry season every year. Fresh strawberries are such a simple pleasure and you can do so many things with them. This is a very easy homemade strawberry jam recipe using the Ball Jam and Jelly maker. I just love mine and use it all the time. Although, this year I got smarter and canned bigger jars of my jam because it got eaten so fast.
- 3 Tbsp classic fruit pectin
- 2 & 2/3 cup of fresh crushed strawberries
- 3 & 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- Rinse strawberries well and dry thoroughly.
- Cut tops off strawberries and cut strawberries in half (optional)
- Crush strawberries using a potato masher.
- Sprinkle pectin evenly over the bottom of Ball Jam and Jelly maker.
- Pour crushed strawberries evenly over pectin.
- Add butter.
- Turn jam maker on jam and press button. When jam maker beeps slowly add sugar.
- While jam is processing heat jars and lids in almost boiling water on stove top.
- When your jam is finished processing remove jars from water with tongs and carefully fill jars with a funnel until 1/4 inch from top.
- Wipe the top rim of the jar clean with a damp paper towel.
- Screw lid on hand tight.
- Process jars in a water-bath canner for 15 minutes.
- Very carefully remove jars and set aside for 24 hours. You should start to hear the lids “ping” and that is your sign they are sealing.
I always use a Ball utensil set when doing this. It comes with everything you will need.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 21 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4