This toffee bar recipe is so sinfully delicious that I have to bring them to work for my coworkers so I don’t eat them all! They make a beautiful presentation when giving a homemade gift for Christmas. Simply cut and put one in a Christmas themed mini cupcake wrapper.
- 2 cups Pillsbury flour
- 1 cup Domino brown sugar
- 1 stick of Land O’ Lakes butter (don’t use margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups Pecan halves
- 2 sticks Land O’ Lakes butter (again, not margarine)
- 3/4 cup Domino brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Nestle semi sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In your food processor or blender mix your flour, 1 cup of brown sugar and softened butter. Mix it until it has the consistency of cornmeal. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 cake pan.
- Spread pecan halves in an even layer on top of the crust.
- Melt together in a heavy sauce pan the remaining 2 sticks of butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Boil for exactly 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gently pour over crust and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute then evenly spread chocolate morsels. Let them melt for a minute or two then spread evenly over the top. I find a cake icing spatula works the best.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
***Place a toffee bar in a Christmas cupcake wrapper for a really fantastic homemade gift.