Have you ever been asked to bring something to a party and you don’t cook or bake? Here is the answer to your dilemma that will make you look like a master chef. It’s a simple box mix cake with a jam filling. This is a great Strawberry Jam Cake recipe to take to a 4th of July party. I made this yesterday and served it to my husband with a big ol’ glass of cold milk. Then I told him how hard I worked on this cake because I love him so much and he’s so grateful I get a foot rub. Work it people, work it!!
- 1 Pillsbury Strawberry Cake box mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Vanilla frosting
- Pink food coloring
- Prepare cake according to directions on the box using a bundt pan.
- Let cool completely.
- Slice cake lengthwise with a piece of dental floss.
- Carefully remove top of cake and set it aside.
- Spread jam evenly on bottom half of cake.
- Replace top.
- Add a couple drops of pink food coloring to your frosting and mix well.
- Microwave frosting about 10 seconds and pour over cake.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 29 minute(s)