Red Velvet 4th of July cookies are perfect to take to a party or to pack in your picnic basket for a snack during a fireworks display. Fun for kids to make and decorate, too.
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Butter Cream Frosting (click for recipe and ingredients)
- Mix together dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until completely combined.
- Roll into 2″ balls and place on parchment paper 3″ apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Ice 1 cookie with Butter Cream Frosting and place another cookie on top of it.
- Sprinkle sides with any red, white, and blue edible accents.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)