Red Velvet Cookies topped with cream cheese frosting, coconut, and peeps! Such fun for kids to make or imagine their cute little faces when they wake to these little peeps in their Easter basket. Such a simple way to bring a smile to someones face.
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Roll into 3″ balls and set 3″ apart on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling combine milk, food coloring and coconut flakes in a sandwich sized Ziploc bag and shake until mixed well. Set aside.
- Frost top of cookie with icing and top with peep.
- Sprinkle surrounding frosted areas with coconut.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Makes about 20 cookies.