How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Yes, it is that good. This was the best chocolate zucchini cake recipe I have ever made. I served this at a summer cookout for dessert and when my guests asked to take home some leftovers I was reluctant to give any away. I wanted it all for myself. I even thought about hiding it so I wouldn’t have to share. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups shredded fresh zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts – rough chop (Can use 1 cup of nuts. I like extra walnuts in my cake.)
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (for top of cake)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bundt pan with Pam with Flour.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add eggs and oil and mix well.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes then turn over onto cake plate.
- After cake is completely cooled, sprinkle with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)