My easy crock pot beef stew recipe is perfect for the cold wintery nights coming upon us. The beef gets so tender it just melts in your mouth along with the savory stock it produces. It’s like a party going on in your mouth with an explosion of flavors. I always make enough to have leftovers so I can enjoy it for lunch the next day.
- 3 lbs. cubed beef
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 32 oz. beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 packets McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 large onion – diced
- 4 carrots – chopped
- 1 very large baking potato – cut into bite sized pieces, skin on
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- 1 small bag of frozen green beans
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add flour and some pepper. Add beef cubes, seal and shake to coat.
- Add beef to hot oil and brown on each side.
- In your slow cooker/crock pot add all ingredients except potato and stir.
- Cook at least 6 hours on high setting.
- 2 hours before ready to serve add potato.
- Stew is ready when potatoes are soft and meat is fork tender.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)