It seems when you grow your own zucchini they all ripen at the same time and you have more zucchini than you know what to do with? Try grating it and using it in my Easy Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe. It’s so moist and delicious it doesn’t even need icing. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups shredded fresh zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts – rough chop (Can use 1 cup of nuts. I like extra walnuts in my cake.)
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (for top of cake)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bundt pan with Pam with Flour.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add eggs and oil and mix well.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan evenly and bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes then turn over onto cake plate.
- After cake is completely cooled, sprinkle with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.