On a sunny Sunday afternoon I landscaped my yard and it turned out really nice. The funny thing is when I was done, the neighbors cat was sleeping under my purple Magnolia tree and it looked like I had planted a cat. I was so tired I didn’t feel like cooking anything elaborate so I decided on a fairly easy casserole with everything in one dish. My Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole recipe is sure to be a pleaser for your whole family.
- 1 box Uncle Bens Wild Rice with herbs.
- 2 very large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion – diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can of Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large can of cut green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 2.25 oz. bag of slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add coconut oil and heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and add to skillet.
- Add diced onion and garlic and cook together until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary, salt and pepper, sour cream and soup.
- Stir together.
- Now add rice, green beans, and slivered almonds and gently mix.
- Spoon into medium-sized casserole dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until heated through.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35-40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6