What do you get when you have 1/3 of a loaf of stale Italian bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla? Bread pudding! My husband is such a lucky guy. He wakes up on a Sunday morning to warm bread pudding and a fresh pot of coffee. I will remind him a few times today how lucky he is to have me. Wink, wink.
- 1/3 loaf stale Italian bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- Cut bread into 2″ pieces.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Mix together just until all is combined.
- Slowly add melted butter while stirring.
- Soak bread in milk mixture until all the bread is wet.
- Pour into small casserole dish (sprayed with non stick cooking spray) and bake in preheated oven at 350° for 50 minutes.
This bread pudding can be served warm or cold. It’s great topped with whipping cream or ice cream.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6