Generally, I love to share all my delicious concoctions with friends but this Easy Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe was so good I kept it all to myself. Zucchini is abundant in Maryland right now so I try to cook with it when possible. Shredded zucchini also freezes well so you can pull it out in the winter and bake something yummy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 5 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cold diced butter
- Grease and flour 2 – 8×4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325º.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add zucchini and nuts until well combined.
- Gently fold in 1 pint of blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Combine dry ingredients of struessel and then cut in butter until it looks like coarse sand.
- Divide evenly over bread batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before turning onto rack to cool completely.
Prep time – 30 minutes
Cook time – 60 – 70 minutes
Yields – 2 loaves