Easy Beef & Poblano Chili is a perfect dinner for the Southwest food lover in your life. I like it with crushed Frito’s on top.
1 Tbsp oil
1 Poblano pepper
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion
2 sprigs spring onion
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 16 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1 16 oz. can of black beans
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup water
Salt & pepper
Sour cream and cheddar cheese optional.
- Heat oil in a skillet and then add beef, brown and set aside.
- Chop vegetables keeping top and bottom of spring onion separate. Add all vegetables (reserving top of spring onion) to skillet. Cook until soft.
- Add cumin and chili powder and stir.
- Add water, bouillon, tomatoes, and black beans. Stir until combined and simmer on low heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Hint: the longer it simmers the better it tastes.
- Top with greens (top) of spring onion. Optional topping include sour cream and cheddar cheese.
Adapted from Hello Fresh Recipe