No pie dish necessary! This easy apple crumb tart recipe is really an unpie if there is such a word. I still have apples from apple orchard picking and in my family we don’t waste a thing. So poof, an unpie is born.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Core, peel and thinly slice apples.
- Mix together cinnamon, sugar, flour, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add apples and stir together.
- Place pie crust on flat cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pour apples into middle of flattened pie crust leaving about 2 inches around sides.
- Pull sides up around apples overlapping pie crust as you go around.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- While baking mix all topping ingredients together and cut in butter with pastry blender (I cheated and used my Ninja) until it resembles coarse sand.
- After 10 minutes of pie baking remove from oven and pour topping over apples using fingers to coax into nooks and crannies.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 30-40 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)