I love Easter! The promise of spring, the daffodils and hyacinths blooming, the warm sun on my face, and Easter candy. It was always so much fun for me to watch my kids faces as they tore into their Easter baskets. Even more fun was dying eggs and making my Easter Cookie Recipes.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Smart Balance oil
- 1 can of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup of Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Roll into 3″ balls and set 3″ apart on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling combine milk, food coloring and coconut flakes in a sandwich sized Ziploc bag and shake until mixed well. Set aside.
- Frost top of cookie with icing and top with peep.
- Sprinkle surrounding frosted areas with coconut.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)