Easter Cookie Recipes are so much fun to make. With so much Easter candy out there you can pretty much top them with whatever tickles your fancy.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Smart Balance oil
- 1 can of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup of Coconut Flakes
- Jelly Beans
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Mix together dry cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until completely combined.
- Roll into 3″ balls and place on parchment paper 3″ apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling add 1 cup of coconut, 1 tbsp. of milk, and 3-5 drops of food coloring to a sandwich sized Ziploc bag. Shake well until all coconut is coated.
- Add icing to a gallon sized Ziploc bag and push to bottom corner. Snip off small corner of bag and pipe icing around cookies leaving space in the middle of the cookie for coconut.
- Add a small amount of coconut to the middle of cookie.
- Top with jelly beans.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Makes about 18 – 20 cookies