I love to do different Easter candy recipes that are fun and yummy yet good for you all at the same time. Kids love this recipe because, let’s face it, any food on a stick is fun. Turn a banana into a chocolate Easter bunny and let the kids decorate his face.
- Chocolate candy melts
- Candy eyeballs
- Jelly beans
- Red licorice
- Lollipop sticks
- Cut a banana in half and refrigerate.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate on low setting stirring often until it is creamy.
- Cut licorice into small pieces.
- Have candy eyeballs, jelly beans, and licorice close by.
- Remove banana from refrigerator and slice lengthwise about half way down to make the ears.
- Place a jelly bean carefully between ears to keep them apart.
- Slide stick into bottom of solid end of banana.
- Dip banana into chocolate and coat completely.
- Place on wax paper.
- Place eyeballs, jelly bean for nose, and licorice for whiskers.
- Let dry.