My cupcakes for Thanksgiving are so delicious, light and airy that your guests will be thanking you instead of the pilgrims. Small bits of candied ginger pop in your mouth with just the right amount of sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger .
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup mini cinnamon chips
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat an oven to 350°.
- Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, allspice, cloves, and crystallized ginger in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin purée with the last egg.
- Stir in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup of cinnamon chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)