Everybody wants dessert after a delicious turkey dinner but sometimes pie is just too heavy and too much. Why not try cupcakes for Thanksgiving this year? You get that scrumptious pumpkin you crave all year long and with little bits of crystallized ginger hidden within it’s like a bonus treat. Don’t weigh yourself down and sleep through the Thanksgiving day football game, have some cupcakes for Thanksgiving and everyone is a winner.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup mini cinnamon chips
- 1 can of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat an oven to 350°.
- Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, allspice, cloves, and crystallized ginger in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin purée with the last egg.
- Stir in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup of cinnamon chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)