I knew I had to learn how to make creamed chipped beef over home fries after eating it at our local Amish Market. The warm gravy over a crispy potato is the perfect combination for your Sunday morning breakfast. It’s one of those meals that really sticks to your ribs as my momma would say.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add butter, melt and add potatoes and onion.
- Cook until potatoes are soft and crispy.
- Keep warm on low heat.
- Cut beef into bite sized pieces.
- In a separate frying pan add 4 tbsp butter and melt.
- Add chopped beef and cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add 4 tbsp. flour and mix well.
- Slowly add milk while whisking.
- Continue to whisk over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Serve over home fries.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)