Christmas Baking Recipes – Tiger Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups of sugar frosted flakes (crush to make 1½ cups).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry sifted ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in sugar frosted flakes.
- Swirl warm melted chocolate slightly through the batter. DO NOT OVERMIX!!
- Drop by teaspoons full onto parchment paper lined cookies sheet.
- Bake at 375° for about 12 minutes.
Christmas Baking Recipes – Pecan Balls
Serves: 4 dozen
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick to butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 box of powdered sugar to roll cookies in.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and pecans. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls then rolls balls in powdered sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 300-degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 6 minutes then roll balls in powdered sugar 2 more times.
- Store pecan balls in remaining powdered sugar.
Christmas Baking Recipes – Saltine Toffee Cookies with Nuts
- 1 sleeve of salted Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 bag of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and align crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and butter. Bring it to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over crackers and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake @ 400° for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to let the chips melt a bit and spread over the top.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Christmas Baking Recipes – Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Serves: 6 dozen
- 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confections powdered sugar
- Blend oil and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, then dry ingredients, chocolate, and nuts.
- Chill dough for several hours or overnight.
- Drop by teaspoons into powdered sugar.
- Roll into balls.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
Christmas Gift Ideas – Apple Pie Moonshine
- 1 gallon Apple Cider
- 1 gallon Apple Juice
- 750 ml grain alcohol – I used everclear
- 750 ml vodka – I used Skyy
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a very large pot (I used my crab pot bottom) mix together everything except the alcohol.
- Bring almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve spices and sugar.
- Cool completely and then add alcohol.
- Stir well to make sure all alcohol is combined.
- Ladel into pint or quart sized Mason jars.
- I used my canning funnel in the top of the Mason jars.
- I added a small cinnamon stick to each jar.
- Store in a refrigerator.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Yields: 16 – 18 pints
Note: My moonshine looks especially dark because I used blue Mason jars so when the shine is gone my friends will have a nice blue 100th-anniversary jar.